455 + 465 Bernardo Ave.
Mountain View, CA
Year Completed: 2008
Developer: Eagle Ridge Partners
Client: Eagle Ridge Partners
Contractor: Gary Horn
Team: John Yadegar Assoc., Reed Assoc., Steve Nakashima
Market repositioning transformed two existing concrete tilt-up buildings into a contemporary office. Added new entry porticos composed of sandblasted glass panels, stainless steel angles and a steel trellis cap. Renovation included reskinning the concrete walls with stucco finishes and expanded windows. Existing seismic shear walls were converted to accent fin-walls extending into the landscape with a bold two color scheme. The buildings were designed to accommodate single or separate tenants.
- 30,000 sf + 55,000 sf repositioning of 1-story industrial concrete-tilt buildings
- New entry porticos facing street
- Frosted glass panels over solid wall project illusion of more glass
- Stucco and reveals applied over existing rock facing
- Deep overhangs converted to contemporary arcade facades
- Additional windows added
- Market repositioning
- master planning